Monday, February 7, 2011

LIFE HAPPENS

Life happens to everyone and just wait a minute and something else will happen, right?  Marriage, divorce, new babies, losing a parent or loved one, job relocation, job loss and many more things that happen to everyone, all of the time. Seriously, not a day goes by that I don't receive a call from a homeowner with questions about what options they have in this market.  Today I told a couple that it is not about "getting the listing" or "selling them a new home" for me it is simply about sharing knowledge and information about their options.  This may not be the best time for them to sell and move, and it's my job to explain the market and give them a variety of choices to consider. Then it's up to them to decide what to do.  

Many homeowners are "underwater" and they may owe more for their home than it's worth in the current market.  There are a variety of reasons that this can happen and there are a variety of options that are available to help figure out what should be done.  The worst thing that can be done is nothing.  The quicker you take action and try and resolve the issues, the better off you are.  Regardless of what you hear or see in the national news, Missoula Montana's market is different from those around the country and even different than those around the state.  Do your "homework" and find out what options are available to you or someone that you know that may need some help.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Diane. I had to tell two different clients this week that they weren't quite ready yet and helped them set a plan in action to get ready. I did this with a client a year ago and we are close now to getting a deal done.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Missoula, Montana
Missoula has been my home for over 30 years and I have been selling real estate for 21. My experience, knowledge and ability to "tell it like it is" has put me in the top 10% of agents in the Missoula market. My commitment to our community is strong and knowing that we can make a difference in someones life is equally as important to me.